What We Do
|What We Do|
|Sponsors & Trade Exhibitors|
|Venues / On-site Management|
|Administration / Finance|
|Registration / Accommodation|
Conference planning and organisation is our core business. We have been organising successful conferences, large and small, for a diverse range of subjects and audiences domestically and internationally.
We have developed a very successful process for both the planning and staging of a great conference, at the same time minimising the hands-on involvement required from you, yet keeping you fully informed of progress.
On behalf of the NZ Concrete Industry Conference Organising Committee, I want to thank you for the tremendous job you did in the planning and implementation of our 2006 NZ Concrete Industry Conference in Christchurch.
Manager Director - BBR Contech
Conference Organising Committee Chairman
The following tour provides an insight into just how we go about planning and staging great conferences.
The initial planning meetings are vital to the success of your conference.
Interpreting the vision, along with the aims and objectives of your conference, is a key element of the initial meeting.
At these meetings a detailed plan to make your conference a success is developed. Timelines, budgets and marketing plans are put in place for all aspects of your conference such as presentations, speakers, social programme, sponsors, trade exhibitors and entertainment.
The time spent in this pre-conference planning is very important, and will pay dividends for the remainder of the conference planning and organisation process.
We will ensure your vision becomes a reality and all the myriad of tasks required to make your conference an outstanding success are covered.
Your conference plan is now ready to proceed.
Marketing of your conference is a critical component. We will, in conjunction with our suppliers, assist in developing the script and design for the conference brochure, registration form and website. We will then manage and organise distribution of conference publicity to an agreed database.
Other components of the conference programme include:
- Management of the Call for Papers and subsequent correspondence with authors
- Advice on the creation of a dynamic and stimulating technical programme
- Organise speakers’ travel/accommodation requirements and arrange sponsorship if necessary
- Liaise with speakers for resumes and photos
- Provide speakers with format guidelines and deadline dates for conference papers
- Ensure speakers’ audio/visual requirements are arranged.
Development of a successful conference social programme for both delegates and partners is a key factor in your conference being memorable.
Delegates in particular relish the opportunity to network with their industry peers.
The key to a successful social programme, in our view, is to incorporate elements of surprise and mystery.
- Help you to create a dynamic and stimulating social programme with flair
- Arrange and organise all requirements, i.e. venues, entertainment, catering, music, transport etc
- Create favourable memories of their time at conference for delegates and partners through tailored sightseeing and recreational activities.
Sponsors & Trade Exhibitors
- Market your conference to potential sponsors
- Communicate with sponsors on an ongoing basis to ensure they are kept informed of developments and that their expectations are met
- Arrange artwork and copy for conference publicity and promotion.
- Market your conference to potential trade exhibitors
- Prepare and develop floor plans
- Arrange appropriate hire equipment
- Prepare a Trade Exhibitor Directory
- Communicate with exhibitors on an ongoing basis, i.e. set-up and pull-down times, special requirements etc
- Prepare a post-conference questionnaire for exhibitors
Venues / On-site Management
It is vital that the conference/seminar venue management are absolutely clear as to requirements for all aspects of your event, i.e. audio visual, trade display area, plenary and break out rooms, catering for both technical sessions and dinners, and the registration area.
We arrange a meeting with key venue personnel and sub-contractors such as the exhibit stand builders and audio visual contractors, and provide a comprehensive brief as to conference requirements.
It is the attention to detail that will determine that your event is a success. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail, even to the extent of ensuring lighting is appropriate for the various functions, both formal and informal.
Audio visual requirements are a vital component to any successful event, and we have developed a network of technicians New Zealand wide that have incredible technical knowledge and state of the art equipment, yet still have the ability to put your speakers at ease prior to and during their presentations.
- Provide a team of friendly, efficient and experienced staff to manage the event on-site
- Distribute name badges and conference material to delegates
- Handle all queries and messages for delegates
- Continuously monitor conference proceedings to ensure it is on schedule
- Liaise with speakers for practice, audio visual technician, special requirements etc
- Ensure support services are on schedule, i.e. catering, venue set up, audio visual requirements etc
- Maintain continuous liaison with speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, delegates and partners to resolve problems as and if they arise, including last minute changes and details.
Administration / Finance
- Attend to the myriad of administrative detail required to manage all aspects of the event constantly evaluating options and alerting you to any potential pitfalls
- Take a pro-active role in the project, constantly evaluating options and alerting you to any potential pitfalls
- Provide a well equipped office to provide the facilities necessary, i.e. facsimile, photocopier, computer systems with word processing, database, spreadsheet, event management, finance software, internet and email access
- Achieve the best possible performance from suppliers at the most favourable rates through our knowledge of the marketplace, existing working relationships and strong negotiation abilities
- Maintain filing systems as necessary
- Handle all enquiries in an efficient, friendly and courteous manner
- Set up and manage a conference database, with updates being made on an ongoing basis
- Submit up-to-date registration reports to you by agreed times.
- Develop a detailed and accurate conference budget and cashflow forecasts and provide updates on an ongoing basis
- Prepare Income and Expenditure reports as required
- Prepare schedule of creditors
- Organise payment of approved accounts
- Process credit card payments
- Send out and monitor debtors
- Process and analyse all registrations and issue receipts where necessary
- Undertake any GST analysis and returns as may be necessary
- Make regular bankings
- Reconcile bank statements
- Prepare final accounts as required by the Auditor.
Registration / Accommodation
- Handle all enquiries from potential delegates in an efficient, friendly and courteous manner
- Operate a computerised registration system with the facility to register on-line
- Develop delegate lists for your conference
- Provide personalised communication with delegates, acknowledge registration and accommodation requirements and issue appropriate receipts
- Produce name badges and conference kit labels
- Prepare conference kits for delegates
- Arrange any special requirements for delegates, i.e. rental vehicles, special needs, sightseeing or recreational activities.
- Secure a range of accomodation at very favourable rates
- Liaise with hotel/s in respect of projected room requirements on an ongoing basis
- Confirm reservations to delegates and hotel/s
- Develop accommodation lists.
- Send thank you letters to sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, session chairmen, venue managers etc
- Organise payment of final approved accounts
- Prepare a final financial report (actuals)
- Present a report to the Organising Committee at a final debriefing meeting.